Check out what the artists at Buffalo Elementary are creating!
I like to do a memory-inspired project with the 5th graders to give them an opportunity to reflect on their elementary experience. Because the 2nd Grade Animal Habitats were so successful, we used a similar technique for these mixed-media pieces.
1. Brainstorm. Write down 3 favorite memories.
2. Create a little human out of air-dry clay.
Note: we practiced with modeling clay first!
3. Paint mini person
4. Create mixed media background for memory
I encouraged the kids to include at least 3 details to their setting. The viewer should be able to identify the season your memory occurred (if outdoors), the time of day, and a general idea of location.
5. Glue on little clay human
6. Write a description of your memory and glue it to the back.